While this solicitation is for the Annual Sustaining Fund, many in our school community have expressed a desire to have our major fundraising activities explained in more detail. If you have any questions, please contact our
office. Thank you.
- Traditionally, the Annual Sustaining Fund (ASF) supplements the ongoing general operations of the school helping us to achieve a balanced budget each year. Tuition only covers 90% of our operating budget.
- ASF is comprised of voluntary gifts and keeps our tuition competitive in the Santa Fe marketplace for private independent schools.
- Our goal this year is $203,000. Everyone on the faculty and staff has made significant sacrifices to tighten our budget in light of a drop in enrollment and the challenging economy.
- The vast majority of our operating budget, including ASF, goes toward faculty salaries and tuition assistance, reflecting our highest values and priorities as a school.
- After we raise the first $100,000 we receive $25,000 from an anonymous donor. The second $25,000 is a dollar for dollar match for new and increased funds.
- Contributions are given in the current fiscal year (July 1, 2010 through June 30, 2011) and may be made in several installments. Your gift is tax deductible.
The Diversity Initiative
The Santa Fe Waldorf School has always carried the vision of becoming a center of cultural and social renewal. This idea takes many forms, but often manifests itself best in the diversity of its students. Over the years we have benefitted enormously from having international students at the High School. The Diversity Initiative will expand this effort by attracting, through tuition assistance, local minority and international students who are strongly motivated and qualified to attend our High School. These students bring a wealth of varied experiences that will enrich our school community and their presence will strengthen our ability to realize our vision. We are very excited that the new section on our website, “International Student Program,” has already attracted several inquiries from around the world – Cameroon, Viet Nam, China and Japan. As an incentive to give, we have the good fortune of having a 2-to-1 challenge grant up to $10,000.
- The capital campaign represents funds raised for capital needs of the school – improvements in the campus and facilities
- Our current capital campaign will accomplish the following:
- Construct and furnish Hooper Hall.
- Improve landscape and facilities for the entire campus.
- Establish a permanent fund for ongoing capital needs so that funds are not taken from our operating budget.
- Retire all mortgages within 5 years for future financial sustainability.
- Hooper Hall completes the final phase of our current Long Range Plan; we have borrowed funds for its construction.
- For every dollar we raise, we received $.50 from an anonymous challenge grant up to $800,000. Contributions can be multi-year gifts and are fully tax deductible.