The Santa Fe Waldorf School (SFWS) Tuition Assistance program is designed to provide qualified students with an opportunity for a Waldorf Education that might otherwise be unobtainable to them, and to provide the school with a diverse student body reflective of the school’s mission. At the same time, it is the position of the School that the primary responsibility of financing a child’s education rests with the family, and we expect families to make this education a top priority in the budgeting of their financial resources. Parents often look beyond the School’s resources for assistance in paying tuition. For instance, some receive help from extended family members or take out student tuition bank loans.
Tuition Assistance is awarded to qualified applicant families based upon financial need on a first-come, first-served basis each year. Support for this program comes from generous donations by members of the school community and through external grants.
Note to New Families
The majority of Tuition Assistance funds are allocated in March and April. The earlier you apply for Tuition Assistance, the more likely we will be able to meet your needs. We allocate Tuition Assistance upon your child's acceptance to the school.
Complete your Tuition Assistance application by following steps 1 through 6 for current families.
Enrollment Contracts with a Tuition Assistance Award will be generally available within 14 days through the BigSIS Parent Portal for eSignature. Your signed online Enrollment Contract and tuition deposit of $250 must be received by the date indicated on the Enrollment Contract or Tuition Assistance may be reallocated to another family.
Important Application Dates | Returning Families
January 13 - Tuition Assistance applications must be received by the Business Office for the next academic year. A completed application includes:
1. A $50 non-refundable application fee paid via credit card through the PAY FEE NOW button below.
2. Santa Fe Waldorf School has chosen to use FAST (Financial Aid for School Tuition) by Independent School Management (SM) to process your tuition assistance application. ISM will provide standardized and impartial processing in a confidential setting. Please use this link to complete your financial statement: https://www.ismfast.com/FastPage.php?id=7dec796af293a7cce2d7062206327cf5
The FAST application is available in English and Spanish and is very user-friendly. A User Guide and Help bubbles for each question are also provided. Their call center is available 24/7 at 877-326-3278 if you need additional support. There is a $43 non-refundable application fee, payable by credit card. We have access to this information shortly after you submit it.
3. Your year‐end paystub for all jobs worked in the previous year. If you are receiving Social Security, unemployment or disability compensation you will need to submit a copy of these stubs.
4. If self-employed, send the first two pages of your most recent IRS Form 1040 and Schedules C&E if applicable.
5. A copy of your most recent W2 and/or 1099 for all jobs worked.
6. No later than March 15 - A complete copy of your most recent completed and filed FEDERAL tax return including all schedules and business tax returns, such as K1’s and 1120 for Corporations must be uploaded to FAST.
Tuition Assistance funds are limited. Meeting the above deadlines will help us to better meet your needs.
March-April - Enrollment Contracts with a Tuition Assistance Award will be available through the BigSIS Parent Portal for eSignature. Your signed online Enrollment Contract and tuition deposit of $250 must be received by the date indicated on the Enrollment Contract or Tuition Assistance may be reallocated to another family.